This page helps to explain how to create / edit documentation. Feel free to edit and expand this!
- Our main docs site is here
- You're allowed to edit directly via github, you don't need to use PRs for docs changes. If you don't have permissions and are planning to make significant changes, ask in Discord.
- You can edit any page by clicking the pencil icon in the top right of a page or by
making a change on the
developbranch within the
- If you have permissions you can create pages directly in GitHub by browsing under the docs folder
- When you change docs, they will eventually be built and published to our docs site. Look in the
#gitchannel for a
Branch gh-pages was force-pushedmessage to see when they are published.
- For working on larger edits / pages, we recommend using VSCode or an appropriate text editor to edit these, use a Markdown plugin
- We use
MkDocsfor our docs site, which internally uses
Python-Markdownfor rendering. Markdown renderers often have slight variations / conventions, so if you are running into trouble with something try searching "MkDocs (issue)" or "Python Markdown (issue)" to see the "right" way to do something.
- Use 4 spaces for indentation.
- Make sure that the png file extension is lower case, .PNG means something different and your image will not show up
- Code blocks don't work like how they do on github pages. For root-level (non-indented) codeblocks you can use "fenced code blocks" just like you can on github. But for code blocks appearing in a list you must use indented code blocks and a special macro. See this page for an example of indented code blocks in action